1/44 Clare Street Parramatta Park
expressions of interest
This classic 1950's Queenslander has been recently moved and restumped on its own 410m2 freehold Lot.
Clare Street is one of the loveliest and quietest streets in Parramatta Park and walking distance to the CBD, Esplanade and Cairns Central.
This house is large by inner city standards and has room for an ensuite and large bedrooms.
We've done the hard and messy part: moving, lifting, downstairs slab, as well as remodelling the living and kitchen areas. It's enough so you can move in and live while you finish it off to suit your needs and tastes. There are Council approved plans for a new deck and ensuite and your imagination is the only limit with what to do with the lower level.
There's no doubt the house has some interesting quirks, (wait until you see the bathroom!) and needs a loving owner but it is in good structural condition, watertight, liveable and has immense potential.
You could accommodate a home business, independent living unit for a relative, a workshop, hobby rooms, media room or just more bedrooms.
- Large Queenslander: 111m2 upper and 104m2 lower plus stairs
- Fully restumped and raised with columns removed for clear span spaces
- New access stairs and roof
- Living area opened out for living, dining and kitchen
- Relined living area with new lights and fans
- New kitchen
- Polished timber floors
- 3 generous bedrooms: 4.6m x 3.7m, 3.7m x 4.7m and 3.7m x 3.0m
- 3m tall ceilings
- Space for ensuite in old hallway
- New wiring and switchboard to 2012 standards
- No asbestos
- Ceiling fully insulated
- New concrete slab downstairs ready for your proposed use:
- A self contained unit
- 2 extra bedrooms plus bathroom
- Hobby rooms or shed space
- Home business
- Media room
- In slab plumbing ready for future bathroom downstairs
- Flood proofed downstairs (150mm above Q100 flood level)
- Generous 2.7m ceiling height under house
- Large garage for 2 cars: 6.0m x 7.7m
- Imported garden soil partly landscaped with screening and food plants
- New concrete driveway
- Fences all round
- A Sustainability Declaration can be downloaded on this page
We are looking for expressions of interest while we finish these upgrades. We can offer this as a fully or partly renovated house and have approved plans to finish upstairs. We can also help with your plans for the lower level.
Phone James Maude on 0437 101 754 to have a chat about the potential of this great old house, arrange a site visit and make an offer today.